Sustainable & climate-smart
Our products are both tough on dirt and kind to people and the environment. They break new ground for a cleaner world in many ways.
Sustainable – socially and environmentally
Sustainability is about how together we can create a sustainable society. How we can live our lives without doing it at the expense of each other or our common resources. We are not perfect by any means, but are doing our best to make sure that actively working to ensure that Pure Effects products are both socially and environmentally sustainable.
All manufacturing companies can think a couple of steps further on how we use resources such as land and water for our production. Today we use the earth’s finite resources and put a heavy burden on the planet in many ways. Chemically produced cleaning products are based, for example, often on the availability of oil. Pure Effect’s products are based instead on biotechnology, with the main raw material, microorganisms, produced through fermentation. We simply create new resources of already existing resources. This makes Pure Effect a more sustainable alternative.
Sustainability is also about thinking about things’ life cycles — to produce quality and think about which products can be used until they are exhausted. This is always with us in the development of Pure Effect’s product range and we challenge ourselves to go further. Every little improvement is as valuable as hundredths of a second for a sprinter.
Climate-smart high concentration
Both you and the environment benefit from us not shipping water. That’s why Pure Effect All Clean, the heart of our concept, is sold highly concentrated. Thanks for adding the water yourself at home … Together we can cut down on water transport and its environmental impact.
Fewer chemicals in your everyday life
Biotechnology reduces the amount of chemicals in our daily lives. Switching from chemical to biotech cleaning products protects the ocean, air, plants, animals – and you and your family of course. All Clean can be used on all surfaces in the home and replaces the multitude of chemical cleaning agents in your cupboard. Read more
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation are developing an important, positive process for environmental labelling biotech products. So far, there has been no criteria for the ecolabelling biotechnology, but the work to develop this is finally finished for professional products. The technology our products is based on has been used for 20 years in professional cleaning and is now certified with the Nordic Swan for professional use.
Examples of Pure Effect’s sustainable priorities 2014-2017:
- Production of cardboard packaging is made with FSC certified partner Alert, which means that they can verify that the wood used has been produced in a responsible way.
- Less waste strategy, which can be seen in that we have opted not to use bubble wrap and unnecessary tissue around products.
- The choice of highly concentrated products to reduce water transport and unnecessary carbon
- Cooperation with Just Arrived to help recent refugees and asylum seekers in Sweden to enter the labour market. This gave us hourly-based means of production in December. We look forward to continued cooperation in 2017.
- The jute bag which we developed for the initial launch of Pure Effect ALL CLEAN starter kit was produced by a Fairtrade registered company (WFTO https://www.wfto.com/) that employs about 5,000 people in Bangladesh, one of the world’s poorest countries. The manufacture of the bag helped give women in rural Bangladesh an extra income, respect and an independent life.
“Products manufactured with the help of industrial biotechnology are usually produced from renewable raw materials, which means we do not have to use crude oil and other fossil fuels. Moreover, it is a natural consequence of the production method that the products are biodegradable and can therefore return to nature after use. In this way, we achieve sustainable production. The products are usually produced with less energy compared with traditional chemical production, which results in lower greenhouse gas emissions and thus reduced impact on the climate. (…) A way to protect natural resources as most raw material can be converted into valuable products instead of refuse and hazardous waste.”
From “A Sustainable Path to a Green Future” Greenchem at Lund University/MISTRA